2016 ISQOLS Annual Conference
Scheduled for August 25-27, 2016 in Seoul, South Korea
- Join us in Seoul, South Korea for The International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies (ISQOLS) Conference “Bridging Quality-of-Life Experiences from East to West”
- Venue: Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Hosts: Community Wellbeing Institute(www.communitywellbeing.org), Soongsil University, Graduate School of Public Administration, Seoul National University, South Korea• Social Science Institute, Chungbuk National University, South Korea • Global Development Foundation
The Second SSK Networking Symposium(2015-16) heled at LW Convention Center on January 8, 2016
January 8, 2016, the second Social Science Korea(SSK) Networking Symposium was held at the LW Convention Center in Seoul, Korea
On behalf of the CW Research Project, Youngwha Kee, Inseok Seo, & Miae Lee gave a research talk about the paper titled “The Study on the Key Index of the Community Wellbeing: by Using Confirmatory Factor Analysis", "Exploratory Classification of the local community utilize Community Wellbeing Index", " A Study on the CWB Index and the Residents Settlements Consciousness".
The brochure file is available here: 2015-16 SSK-Networking Symposium
The presentation file is available here:
The first SSK Networking Symposium(second year) heled at LW Convention Center on Octorber 24, 2014
- On Octorber 25, 2014, the first Social Science Korea (SSK) Networking Symposium was held at the LW Convention center in Seoul, Korea.
- On behalf of the CW Research Project, Youngwha Kee, Inseok Seo, & Changbin Woo gave a research talk about the paper titled “The Study on the Concept Formation of the Community Wellbeing Theory: With focus on the Relationships of Resources Domains, Capital Factors, and Subordinate Indices”, "Analysis of the Importance of Community Well-being Indices Grafted onto Intersubjective Well-being", "Subjective Wellbeing and Income".
- They participated in the session as a discussant, and provided insightful comments on the paper each other.
- The presentation file is available here: SSK first Agenda symposium1 ppt
- SSK first Agenda symposium2 ppt
CfP: Special Session on Community Well-being for the 2014 International Society of Quality of Life Studies (ISQOLS) Conference (Sept. 15-18 2014, Berlin, Germany), "Community Well-being: Theories and Practices"
- Recent years have witnessed a dramatic increase in research on community well-being, which now seeks further theoretical conceptualization and practical applications.
- The special session on community well-being for the 2014 International Society of Quality of Life Studies Conference (September 15-18 2014 in Berlin, Germany), "Community Well-being: Theories and Practices," examines various issues of well-being from the perspective of community well-being in conjunction with a range of disciplines, including education, public administration, urban planning, and social statistics.
- Part I discusses the interplay of theories of happiness, well-being, and quality of life with theories of community well-being.
- Part II sheds a light on practical guidance for putting theories into action for the betterment of community well-being.
- This special session will also contribute to an expansion of the professional network among international scholars of well-being research across Asia, Europe, and North America.
Please see the detail of the session below, which will embrace more papers shortly. : http://www.isqols.org/berlin2014/
Presenters and Papers
- "Analysis of the Factors Affecting Community Wellbeing," Youngchool Choi (Chungbuk National University, Korea)
- "Community Well-being and Individual Well-being: a Structural Equation Modeling Analysis," Seung Jong Lee (Seoul National University, Korea) and Yunji Kim (Cornell University, US)
- "Community Well-Being, Community Development, and Theory: Conceptualizing a Relational Framework," HeeKyung Sung (Arizona State University, US) and Rhonda Phillips (Purdue University, US)
- "Analysis of the Importance of Community Well-being indices Grafted onto Intersubjective Well-being: With Focus on the Kee Community Well-being Model for the Six Autonomous Boroughs of Seoul," Inseok Seo, Changbin Woo, Youngwha Kee (Soongsil University, Korea)
- "Measuring Country's Well-being: the Italian 'BES' project," Filomena Maggino (University of Florence, Italy)
Would you be interested in participating in the session? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Invited to Talk to about Professional Collaboration with International Scholars at Social Science Korea Symposium, May 9th, 2014
- The CW Research Project is invited to talk about its experience with active and effective collaborations with international scholars across a wide range of disciplines for the SSK International Networking Symposium.
- This isscheduled at 2:30 pmMay 9th 2014 at National Research Foundation of Korea in Seoul, Korea.
The 3rd SSK Networking Symposium heled at LW Convention Center on April 25, 2014
- On April 25, 2014, the 3rd Social Science Korea (SSK) Networking Symposium was held at the LW Convention center in Seoul, Korea. On behalf of the CW Research Project, Chaebong Nam, Research Fellow of the project, gave a research talk about the papertitled"A Preliminary Analysis of the Community Well-being Indicators across Six Districts in Seoul" (co-authored with Youngwha Kee (Principal Investigator) and Yunji Kim). Chang-Bin Woo, Postdoctoral Research Fellow of the Asia Development Institute (ADI) at Seoul National University, participated in the session as a discussant, and provided insightful comments on the paper.
- Dr. Woo is slated to join our research project in July 2014.
- The presentation file is available here: SSK 3rd symposium_final ppt
Inseok Seo Gave a Paper Talk at the Korean Association for Local Government Studies Conference on February 27 in Busan, Korea.
- In-Seok, Seo, a former research fellow of the CWB project, presented a paper co-authored with Seung-Jong Lee and Younghwa Kee,
- "Analysis on conceptions and Indicators of community wellbeing via panel data of Seoul City" , at the Korean Association for Local Government Studies Conference on February 27, 2014 in Busan, Korea.